You will now get the most popular articles from our WordPress magazine wp unboxed . You are on the way? Or do you prefer to listen to a WordPress podcast instead of reading for half an hour? Then use our knowledge of WordPress as an audio contribution. We'll also tell you why the soundtrack is becoming increasingly important for your marketing.
We have already integrated the first audio contributions. You WooCommerce can now listen directly to the following instructionsWordPress :
- Yoast vs Rank Math: WordPress SEO Plugins in comparison
- Page Builder: Curse or Blessing For The World Of WordPress?
- 13 advantages of managed WordPress hosting
- Work Remotely: Advantages & Disadvantages for Employees and Companies
- Make WooCommerce Legally Secure: Requirements for Europe
- Will we Still Need Web Designers in the Future?
You will find the audio player right at the beginning of each article. Here as an example the comparison of Yoast SEO and Rank Math for WordPress :
How do you like the result? Can you imagine to listen to our blog posts around WordPress in the future instead of reading them? We look forward to your comment at the end of this post.
WordPress -News on Spotify, SoundCloud, iTunes & Co.
We're always happy to have you take our magazine wp unboxed reads or hears. We'd love to carry you into our newsletter and you'll be in the loop. You can find our audio contributions simultaneously but also on the following channels for streaming:
There you can also subscribe to them directly as audio tracks.
Cooperation with narando
Audio contributions and podcasts are much more complex to produce. After all, you don't just need the complete text contribution to record it. But also at the same time:
- A suitable speaker in the team, with a pleasant and lively voice
- The necessary time for speaking, correcting and cutting
- The technical equipment
- If necessary, a quiet room for the recordings
You publish your own podcast? Then you know how much work it all takes. That's why we've decided to partner narando decided. The startup from Melle in Lower Saxony provides high quality audio content for companies.
The narando team takes care of the entire production. All you have to do is select a suitable voice to breathe life into your audio contributions. "Real" voice actors ensure the necessary authenticity.
From the perspective of content marketing this point is extremely important. After all, the voice must also fit your company and your target group - just like your text content. This includes selecting the right protagonists for each format and story.
Tip: Produce your own WordPress podcast
You are WordPress -professional and thinking about your own podcast? Find out in our Guide to podcastsas you publish with WordPress one - from equipment and production to distribution and marketing.
Audio contribution and podcast: The advantages
The needs of online target groups are becoming increasingly diverse. The following personas can be roughly distinguished when it comes to general access to media:
- Text- or reading-affine visitors
- Image and video-affine
Of course there is an overlap between these groups. But they are sometimes much smaller than one might think. Some people enjoy listening to a podcast, blogcast or audio contribution, while others are not interested in the audio track at all.
If you also include the posts in your blog as integrated YouTube video, this effect can be measured well. About half of your visitors scroll through the text - and leave the video on the left. For the other half, the reverse is true. That's why you should always measure which medium is accepted on your website and how well.
There are other reasons why you should keep a close eye on podcasts & co:
- On the road and travelling: The number of commuters is constantly increasing - at least before Corona. Many of them have a button in their ear. But the opportunity to listen to contributions in the home office is also increasing.
- Voice Search as a trend: The eavesdropping boxes of Amazon, Google, Apple & Co. are changing our media behaviour permanently. If Voice Search they become the standard in some areas, then the market for audio content will also grow.
- Limited space for visual content: At the same time, the displays on which content and content marketing can still be accommodated are becoming smaller and smaller - see the Apple Watch.
. You are on the way? Or do you prefer to listen to a WordPress podcast instead of reading for half an hour? Then use our knowledge of WordPress as an audio contribution. We'll also tell you why the soundtrack is becoming increasingly important for your marketing. Accessibility in the digital space supported.
Podcast & Co.: Calculate correctly
You will now get the most popular articles from our WordPress magazine
- You can ensure a good quality per format despite the variety
- The necessary time is available in your team or with you or
- You have the financial means to leave the production for one or more channels to a service provider
Because an orphaned channel on YouTube or a podcast series that quickly falls asleep again? This does not make a good impression in a professional context. Read also Jan Tissler's contributions to the Content success measurement and for effective Project planning.
You want to address additional target groups with the soundtrack? Or make yourself more independent of pure Google text SEO? Here are the most important instructions and sources to help you get started:
- What you need to know to get started with your podcast and WordPress get through
- Start Podcast: The Technology
- WordPress Plugins for podcasters & bloggers
- WordPress Audio Block in Gutenberg: Insert Audio Files
- Content Strategy: Planning across all channels
- Blogcast: The content marketing format of the future?
- The best WordPress podcasts in an overview
Do you know more good tutorials and tips for budding podcasters? The comments are open.