The most popular posts from our WordPress Magazine wp unboxed are now also available for your ears. Are you on the road? Or you'd rather listen to a WordPress podcast than read for half an hour? Then use our knowledge about WordPress as an audio contribution. We also tell you why the audio track is becoming increasingly important for your marketing.
We have already integrated the first audio contributions. You can now listen directly to the following instructions for WordPress and WooCommerce :
- Yoast vs Rank Math: WordPress SEO Plugins Compared
- Page Builder: Curse or Blessing For The World Of WordPress?
- 13 advantages of managed WordPress hosting
- Working Remotely: Advantages & Disadvantages for Employees and Companies
- Make WooCommerce Legally Secure: Requirements for Europe
- Will Web Designers Still be Needed in the Future?
Note on the current status
You can find the audio player directly at the beginning of each article. Here as an example the comparison of Yoast SEO and Rank Math for WordPress :
How do you like the result? Can you imagine listening to our blog posts about WordPress instead of reading them in the future? We look forward to your comment at the end of this post.
WordPress -News on Spotify, SoundCloud, iTunes & Co.
We're always happy to have you read or listen directly wp unboxed or listen to our magazine. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date. At the same time, you can also stream our audio contributions on the following channels:
There you can also subscribe to them directly as an audio track.
Cooperation with narando
Audio contributions and podcasts are much more complex to implement. After all, you don't just need the complete text contribution to record it. But also at the same time:
- A suitable speaker in the team, with a pleasant and lively voice.
- The necessary time for recording, correcting and editing
- The technical equipment
- If necessary, a quiet room for the recordings
You're putting out your own podcast? Then you know how much work it all takes. That's why we decided to partner with narando. The startup from Melle in Lower Saxony delivers high-quality audio content for companies.
The narando team takes care of the entire production. All you have to do is choose a suitable voice that breathes life into your audio contributions. "Real" speakers provide the necessary authenticity.
From a content marketing perspective, this point is extremely important. After all, the voice must also fit your company and your target group - just like your text content. This includes picking the right protagonists for each format and story.
Tip: Produce WordPress Podcast yourself
Audio post and podcast: The advantages
The needs of online target groups are becoming increasingly diverse. The following personas can be roughly distinguished when it comes to general access to media:
- Visitors with an affinity for text and reading
- Picture and video affine
Of course, there are overlaps between these groups. But they are sometimes significantly smaller than you might think. For example, some people are incredibly happy to listen to a podcast, blogcast or audio post, while others are not interested in the soundtrack at all.
If you also embed the posts in your blog as an integrated YouTube video, then this effect can be measured well. About half of your visitors scroll through the text - and leave the video on the left. For the other half, it's the other way around. That's why you should always measure well which medium is accepted on your website and how well.
There are other reasons why you should keep a close eye on podcasts & co:
- On the road and traveling: The number of commuters is constantly increasing - at least before Corona. Many of them have a button in their ear. But even in the home office, the opportunity to listen to contributions on the side is increasing.
- Voice Search as a trend: The eavesdropping boxes from Amazon, Google, Apple & Co. are permanently changing our media behavior. If Voice Search becomes the standard in some areas, the market for audio content will also grow.
- Limited space for visual content: At the same time, the displays on which you can still fit content and content marketing are getting smaller and smaller - see the Apple Watch.
In many of these cases, audio and similar formats are all that's left to reach certain parts of your target audiences. In addition, the audio track supports accessibility in the digital space.
Podcast & Co.: Calculate correctly
You will now get the most popular articles from our WordPress magazine
- You can ensure a good quality per format despite the variety
- In your team or with you the necessary time is available or
- You have the financial means to leave the production for one or more channels to a service provider.
Because an orphaned channel on YouTube or a podcast series that quickly goes to sleep? That doesn't make a good impression in a professional context. Read Jan Tissler's articles on measuring content success and effective project planning.
You want to address additional target groups with the soundtrack? Or make yourself less dependent on pure Google text SEO? Here are the most important instructions and sources that will help you get started:
- What you need to know to get started with your podcast and WordPress
- Starting the podcast: The technology
- WordPress Plugins for podcasters & bloggers
- WordPress Audio Block in Gutenberg: Insert audio files
- Content strategy: planning across all channels
- Blogcast: The Content Marketing Format of the Future?
- The best WordPress podcasts at a glance
Know of any other good tutorials and tips for aspiring podcasters? The comments are open.