Whether you manage 5, 50, or 500 WordPress projects for yourself or your customers, administrative tasks can easily take up a large part of your working day. In this guide, we'll show you how to centrally organize your WordPress management and significantly speed up your processes.
Administrative tasks take up your time and test your patience: installing and updating WordPress and WooCommerce plugins and themes, backups, setting up SSL, and managing security settings to name but a few. The same applies to agencies, developers, web designers, and other freelancers alike. Moreover, we tend to greatly underestimate how much time we spend on these mindless tasks.
Do you have an idea of how much you, or your agency employees, spend on these tasks? Try creating a simple tally sheet:
- Manual jobs: How often do you set up WordPress , including Plugins and a suitable Theme? How long does it take you each time, despite similar Plugin- and Theme-configurations?
- Recurring Work: What about setting the options in these Plugins and Themes ? Especially for elaborate extensions like SEO-Plugins, newsletter tools or WooCommerce? Do you have to start from scratch here again and again for every project?
- Test Processes: How much time do you set aside to test new features and then make the changes again in the live system? Can you restore backups at any time with a mouse click?
- Switching systems: How often do you have to switch between different dashboards and configurations, at worst with different web hosts? Or how often do you search for errors on the individual servers in order to solve them?
- Maintenance: Do you have to maintain each installation separately, like updates of WordPress or the Plugins and Themes?
In some cases, you can pass on the cost of this work to your customers. But the whole process is inefficient. Another agency, one with better processes, will quickly outbid you. As a freelancer and WordPress expert, your time could be better spent on other tasks. Regardless of whether you earn money with your websites yourself or with the WordPress services you provide.
The calculation is not very complex: The more processes you automate during setup, development and hosting, the more resources you have for your actual projects. And the higher your time and/or financial gain. The SEO expert Dominik Stein puts it on his blog GrowthWizard as follows:
As a freelancer and blogger, I'm buying myself precious time with WordPress hosting from RAIDBOXES. I get competent support within minutes and I'm not waiting in an endless queue. I don't have to preconfigure things like caching and backups and security updates are also taken care of.
What does the typical everyday life of WordPress agencies and freelancers look like? What areas could be optimized? Let's start with a short overview.
Maintain your own or other websites yourself
Many freelancers have several own website projects with which they earn their living. These can be affiliate portals, magazines and blogs or online shops with WooCommerce. Others develop websites on behalf of clients with WordPress and then also take care of the hosting. This means that they take over the selection of the hosting provider, as well as the ongoing maintenance of the web space or server. Or they take over existing packages from the customers. Then it happens quite quickly that you have to dig through a wild growth of providers, contracts and dashboards.
As a rule, these services are covered by a maintenance contract - and thus by a lump sum. Billing according to time and effort is also conceivable. No matter whether you manage your own websites or customer projects: In both cases, you are interested in optimizing the following points:
- The administration of the same plugins and themes on different platforms.
- The organization of updates and backups
- Security settings and hardening of critical data or entire websites
- The process of development, for example during the transition from the test to the live environment
- The management of different contracts and logins
- The handling of the different webhost support channels
In larger agencies, multiple staff members carry out the tasks above. This means there is enormous potential for optimization. Let's say, for example, a new version of WordPress is published. In many agencies, the following is likely to happen:
- Multiple employees test the new WordPress version on different customer projects
- After testing, the employees are busy going live with the results
- If the individual projects have similar configurations, half the team is occupied with the same tasks.
With centralized management, a single person from your agency takes care of this task - in similar setups, even semi-automated at the push of a button. This goes so far that you end up with a whole preset of predefined websites. More about this later.
There is another advantage to central administration - you have a much better overview and so no tasks get left behind. At the same time, no task is duplicated and you can put the time saved to better use.
Develop and hand over customer projects
Most freelancers, web designers, and agencies work as follows: They first develop a website on their own server. When the website is finished, they hand it over, along with the economic and legal responsibility, to their customer. This lowers your entrepreneurial risk. There are two options for hosting the site after the handover with this approach:
- Migrate the site to the customer's existing server/hosting.
- The site stays with your web hosting provider. After development, you simply hand over the contract to your customer.
It depends on your clients which approach they prefer. But often they are happy if you recommend them an experienced host . Especially if it is a new or first web project, such as the online shop for the existing store. Or if your clients have little technical know-how. Also in various forums, the question of the appropriate web hosting is discussed again and again. The handover to your customers has several advantages:
- No more screenshots. During the design phase and development, your client can easily look at the project as often as they want to test or approve individual features.
- After the project is completed, you hand over the admin role and the contract with just a few clicks.
- Will you be offering your customer a maintenance package after project completion? You can remain as the administrator of the site and simply change the owner.
- Depending on the form of contract, a large part of the liability may pass to the customer (website failures, GDPR hacker attacks, warnings, etc.).
The last point must be clarified with a law firm specialized in online law. You need to know which cases you are liable for.
Tip: Develop for free
Host your projects for free during the development phase with our FREE DEV program. When you hand over your projects to your customers, you will also receive a commission of up to 1,500 euros - an attractive additional source of income.
Flexible management: Combine your own and external projects
The two models, i.e. administering the website yourself or giving it to the customer, can rarely be strictly separated. Anyone who develops and manages WordPress sites will likely recognize this situation: Your projects get mixed with your customers' projects, certain parts are handed over at some point, or they end up in your responsibility again later on. On occasion, you're having to switch back and forth between dozens of servers. At the same time, you're also managing:
- Domain, SSL and email providers
- FTP access & databases
- Web hosting providers
- Dashboard languages (where required)
That costs time and nerves. And everywhere you should still ensure the safety factor. RAIDBOXES takes a different approach here. With us, you manage all your own and other people's projects together, from one central interface. All this according to the particularly comfortable BOXEN principle. More about this in a moment.
You can automate many of your tasks with it, or do them collectively. You develop new websites in the same place, including an integrated test environment ("Staging"). And that without changing the system. WordPress -templates reduce the effort of development significantly. And if you want to hand over the project to your customer at the end, this can be done with just a few mouse clicks. This way, you remain as flexible as possible: Different business models and revenue sources can be controlled from one place, and duplicate task packages are eliminated.
The advantages of centralized management
By managing multiple WordPress websites, you can scale up your business model. However, this should by no means lead to an increase in your administrative tasks to the same extent. A central dashboard gives you more freedom here. This applies to agencies and freelancers alike - regardless of whether they design corporate websites, content portals, blogs or shops. A consolidated interface has many advantages, including:
- Faster work: You and your team don't have to learn different dashboards from each web host.
- Template management: Existing projects can be cloned or reused in parts.
- Website status: You have a quick overview of all your projects at any time. Including monitoring (CPU, RAM, SSD), changes made, pending updates or permissions.
- Integrated Solutions: Features such as server-side caching, backups, Staging, 1-click SSL certificates or the redirects and more are already integrated without you needing additional Plugins . This reduces the effort of maintenance and ensures lower licensing costs.
- Rights model: You work in a team, together with other freelancers? Then you should be able to add more admins for individual projects at any time.
- Accounting: You only receive one invoice from one service provider and do not have to deal with provider changes and complicated contract transfers on a regular basis.
You use our FREE DEV program? Then manage your commissions - which you receive when you give to your customers or referrals - in one place. Including statistics on how successful your referrals and the affiliate links on your website are.
Management options: hosting, configuration tool or plugin
There are several ways to centrally manage different WordPress projects and domains. These include:
- System-independent configuration tools such as cPanel or Plesk
- WordPress Plugins like ManageWP or InfiniteWP
- The dashboard of RAIDBOXES
What is the difference? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? cPanel and Plesk are powerful tools for managing web hosting servers. You can also use them to implement different role concepts, for example for admins, resellers and domain owners. However, some developers find the operation of the configuration tools quite complicated - at least if you are used to the backend of WordPress . Rafael Luge from the agency Kopf & Stift writes in his blog:
Of course, it may be a matter of taste, but I find Plesk very confusing for WordPress administration. Beginners in particular have a hard time with Plesk because the backend is structured in a very technical way.
Then there are the licensing costs that you have to pay in addition to your hosting. And not all web hosts support administration via cPanel or Plesk. So the tools are of little use to you if the hosting landscape of your customers is very "colorful". The big difference of our dashboard: RAIDBOXES was developed exclusively for WordPress . You'll notice this in numerous functions that are specifically geared towards the leading CMS. For example to:
- Update or fix your WordPress version
- Single Sign-onwith which you can log into your WordPress dashboard securely and without a password with just one click.
- Debug errors and display the CPU load, RAM and SSD usage of your sites
- WordPress cron jobs
- Server-side redirects without a plugin
- Security features for WordPress and your server
- Integrated staging
In a moment, we'll compare the features of cPanel and Plesk with those of RAIDBOXES in detail. WordPress plugins like ManageWP or InfiniteWP promise the management of multiple WordPress instances from one WP backend. The following areas are covered by most providers as standard and are therefore free of charge:
- Administration of WordPress logins
- Central updates of the WordPress version, plugins and themes
- Installation, activation and deactivation of WordPress plugins
- Allocation of different access and user rights
Regular backups, a test environment, monitoring or security checks can be implemented via add-ons depending on the provider and cost extra. The tools offer you the advantage that you can manage your projects across host . For this, solutions that work according to the principle of ManageWP and InfiniteWP also have some disadvantages:
- Additional Plugin necessary: In order to manage sites across the board, you need the extensive Plugin. In some places, this leads to the extension lowering the performance of your sites - and it becomes a management problem itself. Individual Plugins extensions have been known to have security vulnerabilities in the past, as they naturally have a deep impact on your installation. You should therefore make your choice carefully.
- No automated performance optimization: Specialized WordPress web hoster like RAIDBOXES optimize all components to maximize the performance and loading time of your sites . For example, through server-side and WordPress -specific caching. This is not possible with the managementPlugins - you need a separate solution there.
- No integrated security optimization: Plugins such as ManageWP is primarily limited to evaluating the security of your site and running updates. However, you still have to take care of protecting the login area or shielding it with firewalls yourself. With specialized hosting, the provider takes care of closing such points of attack.
- No completely automated administration: Even with the services mentioned, you are often forced to log in to the individual instances from time to time. For example, to check the status of sites . Some service providers check daily whether there are any updates to Plugin, for example. A partially automated solution is more elegant here.
How RAIDBOXES solves the issues mentioned above is explained in the following chapters. The table below compares the services offered by RAIDBOXES, cPanel, Plesk, ManageWP, and InfiniteWP:
Website management with RAIDBOXES
The central management of your projects brings you numerous advantages. But what do you have to pay attention to in your agency, as a freelancer, professional blogger or in a company, if you are responsible for the WordPress management? After all, every web host claims to be easy to use. But not all dashboards are the same. Most of the time you only notice whether the service provider or the tool keeps its promise when you have already deposited several domains and websites there. Switching again can cost you a lot of grey hairs.
This is why it's important to choose your management solution carefully and test it thoroughly in advance. Below is a brief overview of how we deal with this challenge at RAIDBOXES. We'll look at many more features to greatly streamline your processes in later sections of this guide.
The BOXES principle
We designed our dashboard specifically for WordPress from the start. And for managing multiple websites at the same time with WordPress and WooCommerce. For each of your projects you create a separate section, called BOX. Within this, you can manage each individual website particularly quickly and easily. In the dashboard, the principle of the BOXES allows a quick overview of all your projects - without annoying switching between different accesses and accounts. The SEO and WordPress expert Finn Hillebrandt writes about this on his blog Blogmojo:
The RAIDBOXES customer area is the best I've seen so far from a hosting provider. It offers simplicity, modern design, and maximum manageability. You can create or delete a BOX, switch SSL on, or assign a contract with just a few clicks.
Here are two small examples of the advantages this brings you: You are planning a new project that is similar to an existing one? That has about the same Plugins/Themes or content? With our feature WordPress -templates you can create a copy of your BOX , which is then saved as a new BOX . From this template you can clone as many other templates as you like WordPress sites . And that at the push of a button. Your Plugins, Themes and settings are already preconfigured.
Do you just want to test some plugins and themes in a new BOX? Reset the BOX with just one click as if you were starting a new project.
Tip: WordPress DEMO BOX
You want to create a brand new WordPress website? Or make a free migration to RAIDBOXES with an existing site ? Start now free of charge and without obligation on a demoBOX. And start immediately with the development of your project.
Do you have multiple WordPress projects and thus BOXES with us? Manage them conveniently from one place, using the list view and the following actions:
- Rename a BOX
- Retrievestatus of BOX
- Switch to the staging environment
- Manage backups
- Manage plugins and themes
- BOX settings
- Log indirectly to your WordPress with one click
- Fix or upgrade your WordPress version
- Manage administrators
Sort and filter functions are also included in the BOX view, in case you're managing multiple projects at once.
Work more productively with the RAIDBOXES Dashboard
An efficient workflow is crucial to work optimally as an WordPress agency or freelancer. After all, you don't want mindless manual tasks to dominate your everyday life, while the really important tasks are left undone. RAIDBOXES offers you numerous tools for the development and management of your WordPress projects. We use our experience - RAIDBOXES has evolved from an agency itself.
A flexible and simple management dashboard can save you several hours of work every month. In the administration and optimization of your WordPress sites, for example. But what specific tasks can a good dashboard take off your hands? Here are just a few:
- Installation: With your click you create or duplicate new websites in a short time. The installation of the SSL certificate, server-side caching, a complete management of your backups and developer tools such as SSH are already integrated. So you don't have to set up all these systems separately.
- Optimization: Server-side data compression, use of HTTP/2 and the fastest/newest PHP version (including the possibility to change it manually) are standard for all packages. Also control PHP execution time, separated by frontend and backend.
- Update: Automatically update WordPress and extensions as needed. Manage Plugins and Themes directly from the hosting dashboard. Then you don't have to log in for each update. Also, you can disable/enable Plugins and Themes in case of errors without editing your file system or database.
- Templates: Create permanent templates for new websites. This way, your favorite WordPress setup is always preconfigured and ready to use. You only have to add those components, images and texts that are needed for the specific case.
- Test environment: Make sure that your hosting includes separate areas for WordPress -Staging . Because you should test new Plugins and Themes before you put them live. Also new versions of WooCommerce. Otherwise it can come to unsightly reciprocal effects and thus to failures. More about this later.
- Secure login: Log in to the WordPress backend of your projects with just one click. This means that you can create secure 64-character passwords and then "forget" them. This way you additionally protect yourself from Brute Force attacks.
At RAIDBOXES there is also the 1-click WordPress -installation: As soon as you click on "BOX create" in our dashboard, a new one will be installed automatically within seconds. WordPress site . Together with cloning, your WordPress templates and Staging you have powerful tools at hand. They significantly reduce your time for setup, administration and development.
Integrated functions instead of plugins
There are lots of great extensions for WordPress - if you know your stuff. The official directory of WordPress .org knows over 50,000 Plugins. You want to make the right choice in this mass of extensions? It's often like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. See our tips for the right choice of Plugin.
The RAIDBOXES team decided to integrate essential functions not included in the standard WordPress system directly into the dashboard. There are several advantages to this:
- Make settings centrally: You don't have to familiarize yourself with different providers with different interfaces and search for detailed options for a long time.
- Quality & Security: The update and maintenance of the server-side solutions happens in the background, through RAIDBOXES. You have no work to do with it. In addition, the lack of additional Plugins reduces the risk of hacker attacks.
- Performance & compatibility: The integrated modules run significantly better than if you use a Plugin for the same function. At the same time, you no longer have to worry about whether individual extensions and their updates work together. This saves you numerous conflicts with caching alone.
- Cost factor: The price for professional WordPress -Plugins is usually very fair. But if you manage multiple projects, the expenses can quickly grow to a tidy sum. You save these costs if you use a comprehensive managed WordPress hosting like the one from RAIDBOXES .
- One-stop support: We constantly monitor our solutions, including changes to WordPress . If a problem should occur in conjunction with your other configuration, you can turn to a central support team instead of to several providers. In addition, the solution is then available much faster.
- Future security: Not every Plugin is continued permanently and at the same level. In the past, this also affected some prominent extensions. A changeover is often quite costly, for example with cachingPlugins. This entrepreneurial risk is significantly lower with integrated systems.
These advantages protect your internal resources. Are central plugin updates keeping you and your team busy on a regular basis? The solutions in the RAIDBOXES Dashboard take care of the following for you:
- A comprehensive test environment / Staging
- Caching for faster loading times
- Performance tools such as built-in support for Brotli or WebP. If the latter option is enabled, the BOX is automatically searched for WebP versions of your images. If such versions are available, we deliver them transparently.
- The setup and management of redirects (server side so especially fast) and WP cron jobs
- Security features like SSL, Login Protection, IP Blocking, Session Eraser, Single Sign-on and more
In the following sections, we'll explain in detail how these solutions help to speed up your work.
It is anything but easy to prepare a website for tens of thousands of visitors or thousands of page views per minute. But exactly such a rush of visitors can happen quite quickly. Are you planning a major marketing campaign? Or your company is being mentioned in the media? Special high-performance tariffs such as those from RAIDBOXES are designed so that your projects can withstand a high load from your visitors.
See our rate calculator. It contains recommendations which package is suitable for which load (visitors per month and page views per minute). Including a list of the respective integrated services such as disk space/SSD, PHP memory limit, number of calls or optimization for WooCommerce and BuddyPress:
Have your visitor numbers been manageable up to now? Then you'll start with a small plan. But your project, or that of your customer, is likely to grow. Choose a host that allows you to easily move to a bigger plan and, if you want to, switch back to the original plan with just a few clicks.
As a service provider, you can pass on the costs of hosting to your customers. Nevertheless, you have to include them in your calculation. At the same time, you should provide your clients with arguments why cheap web hosting requires more effort - and why it is more expensive in the end. Read our article WooCommerce for freelancers and agencies for the right calculation. The points in it also apply to WordPress .
Specialization in WordPress
Through our own agency experience, we know which features you need as a WordPress professional to lead your projects to success. Our team lives WordPress 100 percent. This experience flows continuously into our product development. And since we don't knowany rigid hierarchies or long communication channels at RAIDBOXES , our product development is particularly flexible and agile.
This allows us to react immediately to external factors like WordPress core updates. Our proximity to the WordPress community means we often know where WordPress is heading before others do.
What our WordPress specialization means for you: You don't have to explain the peculiarities and technical terms of WordPress and WooCommerce to our support team when you need assistance. With other hosting providers, i.e. those not specialized in WordPress, this can be a real issue. Our support team members come from the WordPress community so you can be sure the answers they provide are practical and targeted.
With us there is no call center and no waiting loops. Instead, we only offer personal and individual advice from WordPress experts - we are proud of our diverse team. In addition, we have a dashboard with functions that have been developed specifically for the leading CMS, instead of having to "bend" them for several systems. Here's what our customers have to say:
In RAIDBOXES, we've finally found a WordPress host that can entirely meet the demands of our multiple and often changing websites.Robbie Bouschery from the startup event PIRATE Summit.
RAIDBOXES delivers exactly the things that WordPress agencies have been wanting for years.Christos Papadopoulos of the AWEOSagency
Not only are we always there for you personally with first-class WordPress support, but we also provide numerous guides and best practice examples so you can tap into this know-how at any time.
Fast loading times not only improve the user experience of your visitors, but also your conversions and your ranking. With the built-in features of RAIDBOXES , your site runs upto 400% faster than other hosts - without additional optimization measures. Review Signal - one of the most recognized international test portals for hosting benchmarks - took a closer look at our web hosting. Both in the entry-levelas well as in the enterprise area. The result:
It's always nice to see a first time entrant just do flawlessly. With a whopping 0 total errors on their load tests and 99.999% and 100% on their uptime monitors, it's hard to ask for a better performance. Welcome to the show RAIDBOXES and congratulations on earning your first Top Tier honor, may you earn many more in the years to come.
Our integrated solutions make your everyday life as an agency or freelancer much easier. You don't need to focus on the latest trends and plugins for performance optimization or worry about their optimal settings. This is how it works:
- Managed vServer instead of shared hosting: Here you don't have to share your computing power with other websites. This means that you always get the performance that you pay for.
- Our server-side cache becomes active before WordPress takes over. This makes it more performant and resource efficient than the caching of Plugins.
- Our Nginx servers are fully tuned for optimal WordPress performance, with always the latest PHP versions and HTTP/2.
- We use the Brotli algorithm to compress the data transmission.
- Your site runs 100 percent on blazing fast NVMe SSD hard drives.
- Our servers in Germany allow particularly fast response times. Even if your visitor numbers should go up sharply.
In particular, proper caching is essential if you want to optimize the loading speed of your site .
If you don't use caching, you're missing out on halving your loading time. This in turn has a direct effect on your Google ranking. Here are just a few benefits of our RAIDBOXES cache:
- Significant speed advantage compared to Plugins, due to server-side integration.
- You can define exceptions at any time via caching rules. We also support you with predefined rules, for example for the shopping cart of WooCommerce.
- Extend your rules via regular expressions (regex).
- Change the order of the caching rules, e.g. for a staggered or logical structure.
- Empty the cache with one click. You can also set the time period after which the server cache of your site is filled.
- Define whether or not there should be a common cache for all end devices. Otherwise, a separate cache is used for each end device (PC/Mac, tablet, smartphone). This is important if you have a separate mobile version of your website ("m.xyz.com").
- Ignore no-cache or set-cookie headers (optional).
Take advantage of a performance boost from RAIDBOXES. Because there are only so many SEO levers you can pull. If your servers' performance isn't up to scratch in the first place, any extra effort you put in is in vain.
Tip: Online shop with WooCommerce
You want to implement an online shop with WooCommerce ? Then you should consider additional factors. Read our e-book WooCommerce for professionals through. It contains numerous tips for agencies, freelancers and WP professionals.
At the same time, an optimized caching speed determines whether your visitors stay on the website and thus convert, or whether they abort. And not only for online shops. There are a variety of cachingPlugins for WordPress . However, depending on Plugin , you usually have to buy them additionally and then maintain them regularly. This is what our customer Malte Helmhold from the agency DIE BERATER says about our performance:
The speed at RAIDBOXES is outstanding, even with complex WordPress websites... I recently managed to get a landing page, built with Visual Composer (new name: WPBakery Page Builder) and with a huge amount of content, to load in less than half a second - all thanks to RAIDBOXES caching.
You want tocompare the performance of various host ? Then start a real test run. And don't get confused by numbers that look fancy but have little meaning for WordPress hosting. Here are two examples:
You don't need to be too concerned about storage space and the number of databases included in the hosting. You need 50 MB to install WordPress. Usually, 2 GB is completely sufficient for one WordPress installation. Even larger blogs with more than 1,500 posts only amount to 1.5 GB. Just three percent of RAIDBOXES customers need more than 5 GB of storage space. WordPress itself has one database. Only in exceptional cases is an additional database required, e.g. for another application besides WordPress.
The PHP memory limit that is available to you is already significantly more relevant for the comparison - in addition to a well-functioning caching and a reasonable compression. In any case, 128 MB PHP memory limit is required. For installations of WooCommerce it should be 256 MB. The PHP memory limit describes the maximum usable memory per PHP process on the server. The more Plugins you use and the more memory they consume, the more the PHP memory limit needs to be adjusted upwards. But be careful: Simply increasing the value does not guarantee a stable site .
Tip: Compare hosting offers
Read also our blog post WordPress Hosting Comparison with over 250 test results from the web PageSpeed Insights. It shows you what factors really matter that make your projects faster.
What does PageSpeed say
Other values can also be misleading instead of providing clarification. Don't let the Google PageSpeed score drive you too crazy. Instead, focus on the actual loading time for your users in seconds. Basically, you should aim for a loading time of two seconds or less.
One of the best criteria for evaluating the performance of your hosting is the so-called Time To First Byte (TTFB). This measures the time in milliseconds that passes from the user's request to the server's first response. Other important factors, such as the efficient programming of your WordPress -Themes, are initially left out. You should measure and optimize these separately.
It's important to remember that the number, quality, and size of your plugins can also increase the TTFB. You can only compare one server to another if you run the same website with exactly the same setup. Although TTFB is important for evaluating your server, it's not something visitors to your website are particularly interested in. What's far more important to them is the point at which they can interact with the website or when it's visible in a meaningful way. The entire website, as your visitors perceive it as complete, should ideally be displayed in less than a second. Two metrics are significant here:
- Load time - First View: This value determines the load time of a visitor who visits your site for the first time.
- Loading time - Second View: This parameter represents the loading time of a visitor who visits your site for the second time.
The values sometimes differ significantly, because the browser, the server-side caching or Plugins cache your web page. The website is then loaded directly from this memory. See also our WordPress Hosting comparison. It contains tips on how to properly test the performance as well as recommendations for the appropriate setup for each WordPress project.
Admittedly, some criteria for ensuring website performance are difficult to grasp. What's more, how fast your project will be in the end depends on a wide range of factors. These factors include, among others, the following:
- How the site is configured (theme, plugins, other extensions)
- Whether resource-intensive modules like WooCommerce or bbPress/BuddyPress are running
- Which external elements are loaded (scripts, tracking, fonts, integration of social networks etc.)
- How many graphic elements there are, how well they are compressed, how extensive the contents of the individual subpages are
- How performant the server and webhosting are
- How many simultaneous accesses there are
- Which country the site/server is located is and where the most important requests are originating from
It's not possible to accurately predict the end result, i.e. how your project will run on which setup and in which situation.
Test your website speed
How are your websites performing so far? What increase is possible? And what do good performance indicators for WordPress actually look like? We would be happy to test this for you. Contact us for a free and non-binding performance test: https://raidboxes.io/kontakt/.
Simple management of multiple websites
For a long time, the hosting market for professional WordPress users looked rather bleak. Until a few years ago, specialized WP hosting was only available in the USA. Developers needed to spend several hours every month installing and maintaining their projects. From then on it was a waiting game.
The mission of RAIDBOXES was clear when we made our breakthrough in 2016. After two years of intensive development, it was clear to all of us: We want to bring an easy-to-use WordPress hosting to the market, with more performance and more security. And thus deliberately set ourselves apart from the generic web space hosters. Since then, we have been continuously working on features that make your everyday life with WordPress even more efficient. Here is a small selection:
With our WordPress Single Sign-on (SSO for short) you log in to your WordPress admin panels directly from the dashboard, with just one click. The Single Sign-on thus prevents you from constantly locking yourself out of your website, or having to reset your password. What this means for you:
- More security: You will never again lose access to your WordPress sites . All you need is a central access to your RAIDBOXES account. Forgetting passwords or incorrectly filling out logins are now a thing of the past. Of course, this also applies to your customers.
- Faster management: With Single Sign-on you can log in to WordPress directly from our dashboard. This saves time and hassle when managing your sites . This is especially handy if you need to switch between multiple projects in the development process or during maintenance.
- More control: By linking the WordPress accounts with the RAIDBOXES accounts, you can precisely define which of your employees, colleagues or customers are allowed to log in with which account. This gives you control: Who made which changes? Based on this, the access rights can be precisely limited.
You can set up WordPress single sign-on at BOX level. SSO provides an uncluttered interface when working on a project with a team. As the BOX owner, you assign the BOXES to your colleagues that they need to manage and support - no more and no less. This increases your team's focus, prevents unwanted access, and ensures a structured way of working.
SSH environment & SSL
At RAIDBOXES you can use a free SSH environment (Secure Shell) in all tariffs. Tools like WP-CLI - to perform operations in WordPress comfortably via command line - and Git are already pre-installed. With the help of SSH you can establish a secure network connection with our servers and your WordPress websites.
SSH uses unique encryption in the form of a key that can be stored in our dashboard with one click. A big advantage of using SSH is that your passwords, user names etc. do not get into the hands of hackers. At the same time, the ready-to-use SSH environment speeds up the development of your WordPress projects.
Just as important is the SSL encryption ("https://") of your websites. More and more browsers classify portals that do not use SSL as "not secure". Search engines such as Google also issue a warning in the search results for websites without SSL encryption. With SSL you do not only protect your website from dangers. At the same time, you ensure that the majority of your visitors do not immediately bounce. These are the advantages of the integrated SSL encry ption at RAIDBOXES:
- Let's Encrypt SSL certificates, free of charge and installed with one click
- These certificates are supported by all common internet browsers, e.g. Chrome, Safari or Firefox
- The optimized HTTP/2 ensures your WordPress sites load significantly faster through compression, improved data transfer and server push
- Activate or deactivate SSL at any time with just one click
- The certification strengthens customer trust in you and thus improves sales
The same applies to setting up internal forwarding and a search and replace function on the website. This can be done fully automated with just one click at RAIDBOXES. The estimated time saving per project ranges from 20 minutes for professionals to three hours for beginners.
Integrated backup system
How often should backups be made of which project? Where do I store them and is there still enough storage space available? How do I create a manual backup as quickly as possible? And above all: How do I restore a backup in an emergency, and as quickly as possible? Anyone who has had experience with free backupPlugins for WordPress knows how much time you can spend setting up and securing backups.
And who among us hasn't lost their patience when restoring a backup takes an hour or more instead of a few seconds. This is especially problematic if your website is out of order for a long time or has errors, e.g. after failed update from WordPress or a third-party plugin. Although there are now good professional WordPress backup plugins available, even these don't always fit seamlessly into your processes.
This is exactly why the developers of RAIDBOXES have invested a lot of time and effort to implement a complete backup system in the dashboard. The key points:
- Fully automated backups - every night and without error-prone Plugin - let you sleep soundly.
- Do you have a big update or redesign coming up? With a manual backup you can create additional backups of your site at any time. These are not deleted and are also great as a template for new projects.
- In addition to the database, your entire website is stored - for between seven and 30 days, depending on plan . You have full access to all your backup points at any time.
- Backups require a lot of storage space. With us, your backups are stored on our own servers in Germany. And not on the file system of your WordPress installation.
- Storage is GDPR -compliant on secure servers.
- You want to start a new WordPress project? Or just want to try out other things with the current state of your BOX ? Then clone a new BOX from a backup and continue working without data loss.
Some backupPlugins are stingy with storage space and features in the free versions. With us, the backups and all features are always free. You want to be on the safe side and save a version of your WP website locally? Starting from STARTER-plan you can download every created backup additionally free of charge.
Should something go wrong with your maintenance or development, you can restore your site with just one click. This is free of charge and completed in a matter of seconds without needing to contact support. If you do need any assistance, however, our support team will be happy to help.
Even if it's no longer possible to log in to WordPress, you can still restore your website immediately in this way. Without frantically searching for a backup. If you've ever had to reinstall an emergency backup very suddenly, you'll never want to do it without our system again.
Automatic plugin and theme updates
In your RAIDBOXES Dashboard you have an overview of which plugins and themes have updates available. You can see the pending updates, the version number of the plugin and the date of the last change. You can also update the plugins and themes directly in the dashboard without having to log in on every website. The following additional actions are possible, either individually or collectively in bulk mode:
- Activate or deactivate plugins
- Delete plugins
- Update or delete themes
At FULLY MANAGED plan we take over the Plugin- and Theme-updates completely for you. You can set exactly which of your extensions should be updated by us and which not. Because some Plugins - such as WooCommerce - are known for the fact that you should first test new versions well before you put them live. Another use case: You already had problems updating a single Plugins or Themes in the past ? Then it is also a good idea to disable auto-updates for this extension.
The fully automatic updates work for all plugins with the following exceptions:
- Own developments
- Plugins integrated in themes (the theme developer usually provides the updates)
- Plugins or themes without a valid license key
If you like, we will notify you about the plugin update results via email. You can activate or deactivate these notifications per individual plugin or theme. For example, if you fully trust updates from a certain provider.
WPML Multidomain and server-side redirects
You need WordPress multilingual, for your own project or for your customers? There are different variants of implementation. In the form of a path within the URL(example.de/en), as a subdomain(en.example.de) or as a multidomain. In this case, each language receives its own domain (such as example .de and example.es). From a search engine optimization (SEO) perspective, the latter is usually the best option for multilingualism with WordPress and WooCommerce. RAIDBOXES supports the setup of WPML Multidomain with its own features.
When switching to WPML Multidomain, experience shows that the correct redirects are neglected. But these are essential for your SEO. How else should search engines know where the new content can be found? All backlinks that your website has built up naturally before will otherwise point to nowhere. And thus lose their value. RAIDBOXES offers the possibility to create your own redirects in the dashboard of your BOX .
Tip: Faster with server-side redirects
This is also a server-side solution and it's much faster than using an (SEO) plugin. Experience shows that this has an immediate positive effect on your Google ranking, as reported by our customers. You can also extend our redirects via regular expressions (regex). Including an individual sequence for implementing a graduated rule logic.
Setting up WPML Multidomain is not that easy. Here, the optimized options in our dashboard will also support you. See our guide on how to do this. Our multidomain feature also works with Polylang. But only if you have activated the WPML compatibility mode in Polylang. Have questions about this? Or about setting up WPML Multidomain in general? Our support will be happy to help you.
Fast and free migration
You want to switch to RAIDBOXES with one website? Or with all your projects? This is very easy. We'll do the work for you and move your sites for you. All this happens within two business days, with our RAIDBOXES moving service. No matter which WordPress sites you transfer from your currenthost to RAIDBOXES : Your migration to us is 100 percent free of charge and no obligation.
Anyone who has already moved a WordPress site to a different web host knows that things can go wrong. But not with us. Your old site remains accessible during the whole migration process.
Tip: Smooth WordPress migration
If you use the RAIDBOXES migration service, we will install a copy of your active WordPress site with us. Only when you are completely satisfied with the results do you need to take final step: simply choose a plan, activate it, and link a domain. That's it.
Our support not only carries out the migration for you but is also there to answer all your questions. Test our offer for the first few days free of charge. There's no automatic contract extension. WordPress hosting can be that easy.
Hand over projects to your customers
You have developed your project for free with us? Then allow your customers with one click to access the sites , to test and accept it. But what happens afterwards? Save yourself the annoying administration, cancellations, cumbersome contract transfers or even the change to a new server or web hoster.
At RAIDBOXES you can transfer a website to other RAIDBOXES users at any time, also with a simple mouse click. Your customer is new with us? Then you will even receive a commission for this - sign up for our FREE DEV program.
The transfer is straightforward:
- The new owner receives an email with a confirmation link. They just need to click on this link to complete the transfer.
- If the new owner doesn't yet have a RAIDBOXES account, a new account will be created during the transfer process.
- If the new owner already has a RAIDBOXES account, all you have to do is enter the email address with which they are registered in our system.
If you customer agrees, you will still automatically remain administrator on the site after ownership has been transferred. This means you have access to the server settings of the BOX but cannot make changes to the contract details. With the transfer, the new owner takes over all responsibilities and obligations around the contract and corresponding invoices. This also lightens the load for you or your agency.
Tip: Our partner program
You participate in our affiliate program or are FREE DEV partner? Then the change of ownership is automatically tracked as commission-relevant. We will pay you up to 1.500 Euro commission for each new customer. The more customers you refer, the higher your commission will be.
Our BOX status gives you an overview of the processes currently running on your WordPress site . For example, you can see if your server is overloaded or if the memory consumption is too high. The BOX status contains a whole range of important information about your server:
- CPU load: This shows you whether your site is currently overloaded. With the help of the logs of your BOX you can then determine exactly what the reason for a possible overload is. Then you can take appropriate countermeasures, our support will help you if necessary.
- RAM usage: Here you can determine the current usage of the RAM of your server. This value is also an important indicator for the utilization of BOX.
- SSD Usage: Shows you how much storage space your BOX is using. Including a breakdown of system components, your website and the Staging. You need an even more precise listing by directories or files? Then the RAIDBOXES Disk Usage-Plugin will help you.
- Cronjobs: Here you can find an overview of the cronjobs of your BOX. At RAIDBOXES you can enable or disable the execution of the WordPress cronjobs by website visitors. In addition, the wp-cron.php can be executed automatically, you determine the interval yourself. Or you can temporarily delete individual WP cron jobs if they hang.
- BOX -History: The BOX-History shows all changes of the BOX-settings, which were made on BOX site up to now.
- Logfiles: Via the BOX status you have access to all logs of your site : the error log, the debug log and the access log. So you can debug errors and problems on your site or monitor spamming. WP Debug can be switched on or off with one click. The debug logs are not publicly visible at RAIDBOXES - another plus for your security.
Using the CPU load as an example: The orange and red lines mark the load ranges in which your BOX is in danger of being overloaded. What the value "CPU load" exactly means and how to interpret it correctly, we explain in our background article on the topic of CPU load.
The CPU graph consists of minute-by-minute information about your server load. The measuring points are arranged in intervals of one minute. If you want to know exactly how high the CPU load was at a certain point in time, you can track this for each individual measuring point. You want to have a closer look at a certain time period? This is also very easy to do. Drag a frame inside the graph and zoom into the selected time interval.
More security for WordPress
WordPress has a reputation for not being secure. As the leading content management system, it's seen as a worthwhile target for hackers. Many of your customers will already have heard these reservations. Some IT departments don't even allow projects to be built with WordPress or they insist they run on an independent server without any connection to other websites.
What few of these customers know: Every WordPress instance can be secured in such a way that the risk of an attack is minimized. RAIDBOXES helps you with this complex topic. This lowers your business risk. Among other things, we have integrated the following security features into our WordPress hosting and our dashboard:
- Monitoring: We actively scan for security vulnerabilities of WordPress and its extensions. If you have a corresponding Plugin in use, we will inform you about it.
- Updates: Thanks to managed WordPress , Plugin- and Theme-updates (in the plan FULLY MANAGED), all known security holes will be closed as soon as the Plugin/Theme provider has released a fix. WP Core -Updates are done automatically in all tariffs, as long as you do not exclude this in your options. Security updates for the respective versions will be applied after 24 hours.
- Login Protector: The integrated RB Login Protector offers effective, server-side protection against Brute Force attacks and unauthorized login attempts. Including IP-Allowlist, unblocking of blocked addresses, resetting of attempts and notification via e-mail in case of a new lockout.
- Strong passwords: In addition, we enforce a strong password when creating a BOX account. This has also led to a significant reduction in successful attacks for our customers.
- IP Blocking: Exclude individual IPs or entire IP ranges from access (Blocklist mode). Or allow dedicated access (Allowlist mode), e.g. for setting up an intranet.
- Server-side password protection: In addition, there is an optional server-side password protection (Basic Auth).
- Simple SSL: You can activate the free SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt with just one click.
- XML-RPC interface: By default, the XML-RPC interface is blocked - it is often used by hackers and bots as a gateway. However, you can unblock it if necessary.
- CORS-Headers: Determine which services are allowed to use resources of your site .
- NGINX Security Header: You can also customize these if necessary.
- Protected WP Config: By default, this file is read-only with us. Additional special entries or changing the table prefix can be done directly via the dashboard. This makes it almost impossible for an attacker to completely cripple your site .
- Block file changes: Unlock this option with one click to block editing of files within the WordPress dashboard. This will prevent hacker-created user accounts from modifying the Theme and Plugin files of your site .
For example: Brute Force attacks are by far the most common type of attack on WordPress sites . Bots try to automatically log into your WordPress dashboard. They usually use hundreds or thousands of stolen login data and passwords for this purpose. In the best case these login attempts create a very high load on your site , in the worst case hackers gain access to your WordPress system.
The RB Login Protector prevents these attacks. It switches itself in front of your WP login area and "blocks" IP addresses that repeatedly try to log in with false login data. In the settings of your BOX you can define exactly after how many login attempts this block should take effect and how long the IPs in question are blocked. In contrast to comparable Plugins , our Login Protector is already integrated on the server side, for even more security. It also comes with advanced options, such as a handy Allowlist. IP addresses on this list are not excluded.
Tip: GDPR and WordPress sessions
Do you want to fully adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Our WP Session Eraser function will help you. This function deletes the session data of all your BOX WordPress users at an interval you define.
There are three main reasons for securing your WordPress projects against external access, ideally with integrated solutions like those from RAIDBOXES.
Point 1: Your WordPress website may become unusable
Agencies will recognize this scenario: A distraught customer calls up; their site has been hacked due to insufficient security. At worst, external or dubious content is displayed or customer data is lost. A huge effort is needed to "clean up" the site in the aftermath. Not to mention the fact that valuable hours or even days are lost in the process.
Someone installing malware on your site usually has no interest in destroying it completely. After all, the attacker may want to use it to send spam, direct visitors to spam sites, integrate advertisements or backlinks, or generate crypto currency. Besides limiting your site's functionality, malware can also lead to considerable performance problems.
Point 2: Block listing and drop in Google rankings
Another serious point is the block listing of your domain, especially by Google or providers of spam filters, security solutions and plugins. If Google puts your website on its block list, your site may even end up being removed from their search results. The same applies to other search engines. Spam emails sent from your hacked project can cause permanent damage to your reputation.
It is possible to resubmit a scan of your site after a malware attack. However, this does not guarantee that you will get your previous rankings back. Especially with important money keywords or high organic traffic, this often has serious economic consequences. Not to mention the loss of trust you experience with your customers or in your community.
Tip: Minimize risk as an agency
What happens to you as a freelancer or agency when one of your customer projects is hacked? You could be held responsible. At any rate, the damage to your reputation is considerable. That's why you should choose a hosting provider that offers you maximum support in terms of security from the very beginning.
Point 3: Loss of data
Unauthorized persons have access to the data of your customers and users? And you don't know what they're doing with it at first? An absolute nightmare for all those who run their business online. Especially in times of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR ) the topic has reached a new dimension. Because (potential) customers, your partners, but also the authorities are now much more sensitive when it comes to the topic of data protection.
It's essential to protect the data of your users in the best possible way. What is already enormously important for a normal company website is all the more existential for an online shop. Especially if payment information is not sufficiently protected.
WordPress security plugins
Most of the security features mentioned above are also offered by security plugins or by a paid security suite for WordPress. However, the effort required to set them up can be considerable. You need to be a WordPress expert to estimate the consequences of many settings. Otherwise, individual options can cancel each out and either parts of or your entire website may become unavailable.
This quickly becomes clear with the example of a very popular free Plugins for WordPress security. This uses the .htaccess file to a very large extent. However, the extension does not detect if there is an NGINX server in the background. Such a server does not support the concept of .htaccess - but is still popular in the WordPress environment because of its flexibility.
The security measures of the plugins are divided into difficulty levels which does make for a clearer overview. Nevertheless, many of the measures they offer are less meaningful. In order to properly judge whether certain measures are necessary, you need to be very familiar with WordPress security. Many WordPress plugins inform their users about possible problems, usually via email. However, you will often be notified about things that pose no security risk whatsoever. This can ultimately leave you feeling less secure than you did before. At the same time, you still have to check every message and investigate potential causes.
Last but not least, securityPlugins can slow down your sites . Either already by default, or if you choose the wrong settings. As a rule, Plugins offers a malware or security scan. Some of them do not run it depending on the situation, but automatically every hour. This means that in case of doubt, a scan of the complete site runs every hour, by a script via cronjob. Anyone who has ever installed antivirus software on their computer knows that this can lead to a massive loss of speed. The server-side features of RAIDBOXES are developed in such a way that hardly any - or no measurable - restrictions result from this.
Help with malware
If you use all the measures that we listed at the beginning of the chapter, then this corresponds to the probability of almost 100% security of WordPress . No one can guarantee absolute protection. However, if malware does sneak onto your site , it is important that it is removed promptly and professionally. Even established tools, such as Sucuri or SiteLock, sometimes reach their limits here.
Optimally, the host itself offers a service to remove the malware without leaving any residue. This is the case with RAIDBOXES. In the unlikely event that your project is hacked, we will gladly remove the malware for you. At plan FULLY MANAGED even as an inclusive service or free of charge.
Finally, one aspect that should be of particular interest to both your data protection officers and your customers: RAIDBOXES hosting complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We guarantee to only offer servers located in Europe with ISO 27001 certification.
Optimize your development process
This is an example of how the development process can look with the help of the RAIDBOXES Dashboard:
- Analysis and preparation: After you have recorded the requirements for a project, you choose from your WordPress templates the template that comes closest to the desired website (Plugins, Theme or Child-Theme, preset options).
- Extend project: Afterwards, you only set up those extensions that are specifically necessary for this project.
- Risk-free tests: If the website is already to go live, you test new Plugins, adjustments to the design and your individual development in the integrated Staging environment. With one click you can transfer the changes to the live system.
- Collaboration: Invite your team members or other freelancers to work on your project. Then you don't have to manage and keep track of access to WordPress , the databases or via FTP anymore. More on that in a moment.
- Acceptance of the project: Offer your customers to view new versions and changes directly online. By allowing them to access your WordPress website with one click. This works even if they are not yet publicly visible.
- Contract management: Decide individually at the end: Do you want to manage the contract yourself, or transfer it to the customer? Will you remain admin, or will you hand over this role as well?
Tip: Consultation and free demo
If you are new to RAIDBOXES , then start your project with us as the very first step - without lead time, uncomplicated and with a free demo website. Or use our free relocation service. You have questions in advance? We gladly advise you.
Here are a few tips for working in a team: Put more resources on a project and make collaboration more efficient by adding further administrators to WordPress projects at any time. These new administrators have their own accounts with us, which is valid for both for the RAIDBOXES Dashboard and for SFTP access. Tiresome management of various user accounts is now a thing of the past.
Installation per click
Setting upWordPress manually can - depending on the setup - become an annoying game of patience. One solution is the 1-click installation of WordPress , it is now standard with many web hosts. And yet they are partly frowned upon in the WP scene. This is because not all providers support a clean and up-to-date installation. Also the topic of security comes up short with some hosters.
These are the two main points to pay attention to with 1-click installations:
- Is the latest WordPress version always installed automatically?
- Are users forced to use a strong password?
WordPress itself now makes sure users assign strong passwords. This is essential and must also apply to 1-click offers. Simple passwords are a grossly negligent security gap. Even if the login area is protected by measures such as IP blocking, insecure passwords mean attackers can still penetrate your website. We have recorded far fewer unauthorized accesses since forcing our customers to use strong passwords.
Sonia Rieder from the WordPress agency Webtimiser writes on her blog:
Many hosting providers offer a 1-click WordPress installation. This is also usually pretty fast. But it's not just faster at RAIDBOXES, it's also much more convenient.
You create a so-called BOX with one click. This BOX contains a fresh WordPress installation to start your project on. You don't have to set up a database or FTP access manually. As far as usability is concerned, the admin interface at RAIDBOXES is excellent!
Only if you trust your web host fully and you're confident they're 100% familiar with WordPress will you be able to use convenient features such as the 1-click installation in the long run.
WordPress cloning and WordPress templates
At RAIDBOXES you caneasily clone your sites . Or create a permanent template. This saves you a lot of effort when:
- Some of your projects are similar
- A website is duplicated and only the content is different, e.g. for affiliate marketing.
- If you want to develop your site further or test new areas live without losing the previous standpoint.
All you need for cloning is a backup of your site. If you don't have a suitable one yet, you can create a complete manual backup of your project with one click. Then click on the small package icon next to the backup:
Now you decide whether you want to use the clone as a new free DEMO BOX to test the project with no strings attached or if you want to activate it directly in one of your existing contracts.
During the demo phase, you have full access to all our features and tools including staging, backups and the template function. You will only be charged for this BOX once you have activated it, i.e. if you decide to continue hosting it with RAIDBOXES after the trial period. The content and the IP of the site will not change so you can continue working seamlessly.
Note on the visibility of the demo
DEMO BOXES are always password protected. They can neither be accessed by search engines nor by users - so you remain uninterrupted during your test runs.
Do you develop websites professionally on behalf of customers? Or do you sell sites yourself? If so, you often have to make changes to the individual projects. Here are a few examples:
- You want to try out a new plugin, e.g. for sending newsletters
- Your SEO-Plugin requires new settings, which has numerous effects on the structure and the meta data of the live-site
- New extensive landing pages or a complete online shop with WooCommerce will be added.
- Your theme or child theme change
- You change the tracking or cookie solution
- Your project will be converted to multilingualism
You know how it is: all these changes can result in unwanted side effects and incompatibilities. Plugin and theme updates can be nail-biting affairs - some plugins are notorious for this. If your change fails or isn't fully tested, the following unpleasant errors may occur:
- Different functions suddenly no longer work properly
- Plugins cause errors
- The content displayed is incomplete
- Google Search Console alerts you to inconsistencies
- In the worst case your project is not accessible at all
Sometimes reversing the change isn't enough and the error remains in other components. It's dangerous and, in the case of your customers, negligent to make major changes to the live site.
But even small Plugin updates or an inconspicuous newly selected option can cause curious side effects. You don't want to jeopardize your live project and lose revenue? Then you should test all changes whose effect you cannot predict 100 percent in a development environment for WordPress first. The procedure for this is as follows:
- You copy your website to another hosting or server area
- You make your changes there
- Afterwards you test the changes extensively
- Finally, you attempt to transfer the changes to the main page without complications
As you can see, this process is rather complex. Let's be honest, we prefer to avoid it because it just means extra work. Usually, we only test when doing so is as simple as it can possibly be.
For this you usually need additional Plugins. RAIDBOXES takes a different approach, with a special Staging environment for WordPress that is fully integrated into our dashboard. This allows you to test changes on a copy of your site in a realistic server environment. And all this without any risk of damaging your active WordPress site . You can transfer your BOX with one click to Staging. If you are satisfied with the result, you can transfer the changes back to your livesite - also with a mouse click.
Depending on the scope and effect of the changes, the time savings here can amount to several hours. Here are the cornerstones of convenient staging at RAIDBOXES:
- With the test environment you no longer have to copy important design or function changes from one WordPress site to the other.
- The push from the test to the live website and vice versa is done without any additional tools.
- You just want to test a new Plugin and not change the whole website? No problem. You decide which parts of your site are copied to the live environment (Plugin directory and/or Theme directory, upload directory, database). For the database you can optionally transfer only selected tables. This way the Staging process can be adapted to your needs.
- Integrate new functions and updates into your website without uncertainty and downtime. Perfect your WordPress projects step by step.
We also support your test processes outside the Staging environment. So you get direct access to the MySQL database in your BOX overview. Of course you can also manage all boxes via SFTP or SSH. Use the ACCESS log, PHP-ERROR log and the WP_DEBUG_LOG at the same time.
How to move 100+ WordPress sites
Our daily mission is to take care of your WordPress hosting and WordPress project management. Do you want to transfer several websites to migrate because you are convinced by our performance and the quality of the test run? Or because your current host does not offer you the know-how and flexibility of a WordPress hosting that deserves this name?
No problem! There is no limit to moving to us. No matter if you want to migrate one or 100 WordPress sites to us: We advise you, offer you the appropriate infrastructure and help you with migration . This runs as smoothly as possible. For example, our migration process automatically detects potential incompatibilities and informs you about them. If you still have questions about the Plugins installed on your current website, our support team is always there for you. We are familiar with countless setups for WordPress and WooCommerce .
Another question that comes up again and again: Are the access data of your site secure at migration ? The migration of your projects takes place without exception on servers in Germany, which are fully encrypted. We take your trust in RAIDBOXES very seriously. Your data is in good hands with us. You have further questions? Or you are unsure how your migration will work? Contact us and we will plan your migration for you in advance. This is also non-binding and free of charge.
It doesn't matter whether you're responsible for one or hundreds of websites - our experts consistently take care of you with the same reliability. Test our knowledge. Find out why more than 9,500 customers from over 55 countries already put their trust in WordPress hosting from RAIDBOXES. Bring your sites, development projects, and management together efficiently a single location: the RAIDBOXES Dashboard with specialized tools for WordPress.
Support and help
Something is not working with your hosting? Is it affecting your website? Or even cripples it? Probably all of us know this situation. The pulse is then on more than 180. Without reasonable support within minutes, you are in such cases stuck. Cheap shared hosting for WordPress usually deliberately saves on support.
The math is quite simple: If your web space only costs a two-digit amount per year, how can your hosting provider afford to pay good support staff? Such prices assume you won't contact support in the first place or that your question can easily be answered with standard responses. If you want peace of mind, choose a host specialized in WordPress with proven first-rate support. Support that is in English, available during your working hours, and via multiple channels - not just via anonymized email.
Hans Mengler of digital agency 360VIER comments:
We're extremely satisfied with RAIDBOXES. The support is as first-class as the servers! We'll be hosting all our customers with RAIDBOXES in the future.
There is another important point to add. Your site is not accessible? In over 80 percent of cases, this is not due to the server, but to a problem with your WordPress installation, the Theme or the Plugins. In such cases it is fatal if your hosting support has no idea about WordPress . Or if they can't use the appropriate tools. For example, the WP debug mode to temporarily disable a defective Plugin in the worst case.
The result would be an unavailable site , in the worst case over several days. And that, although the server is running in the background all the time - no one can or likes to afford that. The extended support with a high-quality WordPress Managed Hosting is often accompanied by free additional services. For example with:
- Help with migrations
- Personal guide through the Dashboard functions
- Support with performance and page optimization
- Plugin and theme recommendations for your individual system setup
A specialized managed host like RAIDBOXES can respond flexibly to your needs. In contrast, it can prove impossible to find the correct person to speak to at a huge and impersonal generic host. You may also end up in an endless waiting loop while you urgently need a solution to your WordPress problem.
Try the dashboard from RAIDBOXES without obligation. As well as all the functions that are described in this book. You still have questions about this? Or what performance is possible with a special WordPress hosting? You are unsure whether all this works for your personal use case? We advise you: via raidboxes.io/contact/.
We'll show you what modern website management for agencies, freelancers, and WP professionals looks like - live and based on your projects. Including a free demo of our RAIDBOXES Dashboard and features. On the basis of your websites, we help you find out if and which managed WordPress hosting is the right one for you. Discover how much faster we can make your projects.
Did you enjoy this guide? Would you like to read through it again in a convenient format? Download "How to manage 5 to 100+ WordPress projects" as an e-book here: